Borane tetrahydrofuran complex solution
Highly flammable liquid and vapour. In contact with water releases flammable gases which may ignite spontaneously. Harmful if swallowed. Causes serious eye damage. May cause respiratory irritation. Suspected of causing cancer.
Obtain special instructions before use. Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood. Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. No smoking. Do not allow contact with water. Handle under inert gas. Protect from moisture. Keep container tightly closed. Ground/bond container and receiving equipment. Use explosion-proof electrical/ ventilating/ lighting equipment. Use only non-sparking tools. Take precautionary measures against static discharge. Avoid breathing dust/ fume/ gas/ mist/ vapours/ spray. Wash skin thoroughly after handling. Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/ face protection. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER/doctor if you feel unwell. Rinse mouth. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing. Call a POISON CENTER/doctor if you feel unwell. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor. 3 IF exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/ attention. Brush off loose particles from skin. Immerse in cool water/ wrap in wet bandages. In case of fire: Use dry sand, dry chemical or alcohol-resistant foam to extinguish. Store in a dry place. Store in a closed container. Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed. Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep cool. Store locked up. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant.
Northern Kentucky University